This is a follow-up to my previous post on the SG Image 25mm f/1.8 manual lens.
In this post, I will show some pictures I have taken with this lens at different aperture settings, from wide open at f/1.8 to the smaller apertures at f/16.
This isn't going to be a laboratory lens test with charts and scientific measurements. It is simply a practical look at the images this little, (in my case heavily discounted) RM110 manual lens can produce. Perhaps it will also help someone else who, like me, is wondering just how good the SG Image 25mm f/1.8 really is.
My test setup
Camera: Olympus PEN E-PL9
Lens: SG Image 25mm f/1.8 (manual)
Lighting: An LED T5 light and an old fluorescent light on the ceiling
Subject: My humble table fan
Distance: About one metre away, handheld
Focusing Method: Focus peaking
I kept the lighting, camera position and subject the same throughout the test. The only thing I changed was the aperture.
I kept the shutter speed at 1/250 and the ISO rating at 200 for all the shots. As a result, the pictures became progressively darker as I stopped the lens down. I should have fiddled around with the other camera settings to keep the exposures similar, but I was lazy.
Once again, these pictures are hosted on postimages.org and are available in full resolution and uncropped, straight out of camera with no editing.
Note: I may have missed focus slightly for f/1.8. Sorry... first time using focus peaking at that time.
Buy 25mm Manual Lens from Amazon.com
(Note: An Amazon.com affiliate link)







0 comments:
Post a Comment