Dreamstime

Tuesday 1 April 2014

RavenPlus Version 1.0.503 - A Fix For "Empty Blog Content Upon Posting"

My last blog post actually had empty blog content upon posting. I never had this problem before since I started using Raven some 5 or 6 months back. And neither did this problem occurred after I made modifications to Raven, that is until the last blog post.

I did not suspect anything amiss while composing my last blog post as nothing that I have written were loss or missing while editing. But upon publishing, I was shocked to see that my blog post had no content when viewed from my desktop web browser Opera. Not a single word that I have composed was published.

After having made numerous attempts, it was only after removing my "iframe" ads did I manage to successfully upload my blog post. I always put Amazon Affiliate Ads at the end of my blog post, by the way.

I believe I have since found the fix to this problem. To allow putting in "iframe" tags in my blog posts, I have added a couple of lines of addition code to the file "zoundry\blogapp\services\pubsystems\blog\blogpublisher.py" so that blog contents gets filtered through uTidyLib before publishing (see Zoundry Raven: Inserting Amazon Affiliate "iframe" Ads).

Code Was Modified At Line 632 In The File blogpublisher.py

To fix this problem, I have redefined one of the parameter for tidyOptions to

output_xml=0

from

output_xml=1

The parameter, output_xml, is used for enabling or disabling pretty printing of XML tags. But we are dealing with XHTML here and not XML. And besides, pretty printing is not required here. Setting this parameter to zero, disables this option and it seems to fix this problem. I cannot remember now why I enabled this option previously. It could be that I have misread the parameter, mistaken it for output_xhtml instead of output_xml.

RavenPlus Version "1.0.503" can be downloaded here, which fixes this problem.


Disclaimer:
You, the user, accept the full responsibility for the usage of this application RavenPlus, excluding the developer, ie. me the owner of this blog, from any liability and any consequence that may derive. Remember to do an Anti-virus scan of the downloaded ZIP file before unzipping it into a folder. You might want to consider doing a full backup of your computer hard drive with Acronis True Image or Norton Ghost before installing and running this application.



4 comments:

  1. I just want to you know this :

    Thank you very much for your efforts on this revised Raven. I really appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. zoundry you aliveagain... thnk you, keep developt it I waiting for the next version....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not maintaining it per se, but just doing some customization to meet my requirements. Rest assured any changes that I've made will be posted here on my blog.

      Delete