Dreamstime

Thursday 7 May 2015

My Daily Prayers

St. Michael' s Institution, Ipoh - My Daily Prayers (First Side) - Click To Enlarge

Here's an ancient relic from my alma mater. A card measuring 10.5" x 5.5" with a list of prayers printed on both sides. It is neatly folded in thirds so that it fits nicely into a student's shirt pocket.

St. Michael' s Institution, Ipoh - My Daily Prayers (Reverse Side) - Click To Enlarge

This card, with the title "My Daily Prayers", has the words "Imprimatur Francis Chan Bishop of Penang" printed on it. It is dated 14th October 1961, making this card 54 years old (Yes, it is much older than me). I presume this card was given to all students of St Michael's Institution, Ipoh (SMI) on this day to mark the occasion of the Bishop of Penang's visit. Anybody knows? Anybody has a copy of SMI's school magazine "The Michaelian" for the year 1961 to confirm this fact, as visits by dignitaries are usually recorded here?

0 comments:

Post a Comment