Dreamstime

Sunday 30 October 2016

microSD And My Canon Powershot SX530 HS

SanDisk Ultra MicroSDHC UHS-I Package

The manual to my Canon Powershot SX530 HS only recommends SD, SDHC or SDXC memory cards. Because of this, I would have preferred either an 8GB or 16GB SDHC Class 10 memory card.

But I had a Superbuy.my RM30 e-voucher, and the only branded Class 10 memory cards that cost less than RM30 are from Kingston (Kingston microSDHC 8GB Class 10) and SanDisk (SanDisk Ultra microSDHC UHS-I 16GB Class 10). These are microSD and NOT SD sized memory cards. A rather limited choice there at Superbuy.my. I could have chosen one of those unknown but cheaper brands SD sized memory cards but I didn't want to risk it. Miser pays the most - I always remember this saying.

microSD+SD Adapter In Digital Camera

The question now is: will any of these microSD memory cards coupled with an SD adapter work in my Canon Powershot SX530 HS camera?

Short answer is: they sure do. I chose the product by SanDisk by the way since for the price of RM28.90 I get 16GB versus Kingston at the price of RM22 for 8GB - no brainer here.

I did a short test by recording a short video with my Canon SX530 HS with the SanDisk microSD+SD adapter memory card inside: there does not seem to be any jerkiness in the recorded video.

Also, I have taken close to 600 pictures so far (after using it for almost 2 months) and as far as I can tell there isn't any problems with my pictures or my camera . Very good!

My SD adapter is from Samsung, by the way. The package from SanDisk does not include one as you can see in the picture above. Important thing is that the combination works.




0 comments:

Post a Comment