Dreamstime

Saturday 9 June 2018

Attaching My ProocamSXC67 Filter Adapter

I bought this ProocamSXC67 filter adapter a few days ago for my Canon Powershot SX530 HS. The price: about a third of Canon's FA-DC67A. A much more budget friendly alternative, that's for sure.

Now mounting it on my camera: that's proves to be a bit of a challenge. Much force is needed to twist the adapter into place, but will this cause any irreparable damage to the lens optics?

I had a look at my Canon's Powershot SX530 HS manual. Sad to say, it is of not much help.

Izzy of Digital Goja showing how to mount the Canon filter adapter

YouTube Video

It's a good thing though that my camera accepts similar filter adapter as the Canon Powershot SX60 HS. And it seems that I am not the only one that is having this problem.

I found this video on YouTube, followed the instruction and I got my filter adapter mounted in the end. To be honest, after two tries.

Takes a bit of force here when twisting the adapter into place I must say. In my opinion, about the equal amount of torque in taking the lid off a new unopened jam jar.

Common sense really by holding the lens housing. But why didn't I think of that. Thanks Izzy. Thanks Digital Goja.


0 comments:

Post a Comment