Dreamstime

Saturday 25 September 2021

Leathercraft Kit

28 Piece Leathercraft Kit From China

My old wallet, that very wallet that has been me for something like 20 year - is crumbling. It is falling apart.

So one day last month, I had this silly idea about crafting a wallet of my own. It looks easy enough on Youtube. So I thought, why not? Besides, I already have some of the cutting tools and self-healing mat from my last crafting project. I craft them with leather, faux leather like PU/PVC or even by recycling a Tetra pack box. As long as it is functional, it does not matter.

So the next step was to get myself one of those inexpensive leathercrafting kit from China. And I did - the inexpensive 28 pieces leathercraft kit from China. I don't think I will be using all of the tools that is included in the kit. To be honest, I don't even know what some of the tools are for. The quality looks reasonable for the given price point. What's missing though in the kit is the edge beveller, burnisher and stitching hole puncher set. But never mind, I could always purchase them separately.

Little did I know, though, that my daughter had other plans (I think she had the opinion that having a wallet made of Tetra pack looks silly). Without me knowing, she actually bought me a wallet online on the Shopee 9.9 sale. And me, I bought myself the above mentioned kit on that very same day too.

So now I have a new wallet - looks pretty, with lots of compartments - and also a 28 pieces leathercrafting kit. What am I to do with this kit now?

Tools. They will never go to waste. I'll think of something.




0 comments:

Post a Comment