Dreamstime

Friday 23 December 2022

Weifeng WT-1003 Monopod

Olympus E-PL9 camera mounted on a Weifeng WT-1003 Monopod

I have bought myself a monopod. A made in China Weifeng WT-1003. The build is surprisingly quite good despite the budget friendly price. Maximum length when fully extended is about 1.7m which is about right for my height. It is quite light and overall, I am happy with my purchase as it serves it purpose for my needs as it is suppose to.

Shooting macro of insects is much better now, especially when I begin to increase my magnification. Yes, I don't have steady hands and shooting macro handheld is never easy. Without a viewfinder, I am also forced to hold my camera at about 1 feet from my eye, with my hands not tucked-in close to my body for added stability. Needless to say, this makes focusing even more difficult when doing macro.

Since using this Weifeng monopod, I have more keepers now of my macro shots. A good investment. I hope it will last me a long time.




0 comments:

Post a Comment