Dreamstime

Monday 27 March 2023

Old Door Closer Repair

Screw and wood block to repair an old door closer

Took me a while to figure it out, but I managed to repair the old door closer to one of the netting doors in my house. All I used was just a small block of scrap wood and a screw that I scavenged from an old VCD player.

The old pin on the door closer has snapped because of its age with the rest of the pin lodged hard in the hole. Fortunately, there were still a number of unused holes that I could make use of. My repairs were to insert the screw into one of these holes and to adjust the tension of the spring to this door closer by using a block of wood. I used a short pencil (that was destined for the bin) initially, but the netting door wouldn't close firmly. Looked around the house and the block of wood works perfectly.

So, one less item to the local dump-site and about Rm26 of savings for an equivalent one on Lazada. As for aesthetics, I'll work on in one day.


0 comments:

Post a Comment