Dreamstime

Wednesday 21 December 2016

Extended Entry Marker (Jump Break) And The 'Save' Button

An Example Of A Jump Break At My Blogger Homepage

Google's Blogger calls it a "jump break". But Raven/Raven+ calls it an "Extended Entry Marker". What it does, anyway, is to show a summary of your blog post at your Blogger blog's homepage, while providing a link, "Read more >>", to your entire post, which your audience can read in its entirety if s/he so desires.

The 'Extended Entry Marker' Button In The Raven+ Editor

A Bug

I always include a "jump break" in every one of my blog post. Problem is, I always do it as the last thing after composing my post (sometimes even after publishing it) mostly because of my absentmindedness.

There is this problem with the Raven/Raven+ editor - it does not enabled the 'Save' button (if it was disabled previously) after inserting a "jump break"/"Extended Entry Marker". This is rather annoying as I then have to insert a 'junk' character to enable the 'Save' button, then delete this 'junk' character before saving my now modified post. A prime target for getting this bug fixed here.

The Fix

Finding the part of the code in Raven+ where this bug resides was a bit difficult. It took me about 2 hours to hunt it down in all. But the fix is easy. All that is needed is just one line of code.

Below is the modification that I have made to the function insertExtendedEntryMarker(), found in the class 'ZMSHTMLBlogPostEditControl' in the file

zoundry\blogapp\ui\editors\blogeditorctrls\mshtmlblogposteditcontrol.py

The additional code that I have added to fix this problem is in RED.

====== BEGIN ======

    def insertExtendedEntryMarker(self):
        mshtmlElem = self._getMshtmlControl().getSelectedElement(True)
        if mshtmlElem:
            marker = ZMshtmlExtendedEntryMarkerProxy()
            marker.insertExtendedEntry( mshtmlElem )

            # Chuah TC: 2016 Dec 13 
            # Enable the 'Save' button. 
            self._fireContentModifiedEvent() 
            # --- Chuah TC ---

    # insertExtendedEntryMarker()

====== END ======



7 comments:

  1. Hi T.C.!!

    Please! help me!!! Today I am working with Raven and I can upload Picassa image. I delete picasa.dat and authorizate again, but I can not do it!
    Yesterday works well.
    Do you have the same problem?
    I use other accont, and the problem is the same
    Please help me! I send more than 30 posts for day with more than 2 images (Is a movie blog)

    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just tried a moment ago, and struggled quite a bit to upload a test image to Picasa web. Not sure why. But it did get through in the end after 3 tries. A quick peek at Google Photo confirms it.

      It's been a while (my memory a little hazy now) but setup instructions to upload to Picasa Web is described in my blog post here:

      http://chuahtc.blogspot.com/2015/12/ravenplus-version-10507-picture-uploads.html

      And one more thing: BACKUPS!

      Delete
    2. Hello!! It was a Google server problem and they fixed!!!! Is working again very well!!! YUPI!!!! :)

      Thanks! and again congratulations for your BEAUTIFUUUUUULLLL photos

      Delete
  2. Hi!

    I love your soft!! Is perfect!!! But I can not use Flickr

    When I press Begin for Add my account, Raven take me to an error page

    Can you help me?

    I test with Picasa too, but The photo is not uploaded

    Please help me!!!

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't uploaded anything to Flickr from Raven+ recently. But since SmugMug have taken control of Flickr from Yahoo recently, they must have made some changes on the system end, and thus breaking the uploading module of photos to Flickr in Raven+.

      Sorry but I do not have time to fix Raven+ these days.

      Delete
    2. Thanks T.C. Chuah for answer me so soon!!!

      Don't problem, I can wait some weeks. Your soft is perfect and I can wait, I don´t want other

      Thanks

      Delete
    3. To be clear, I have NO future plans on Raven+, NOR are there any plans from me in making fixes. It's best if you look for other solution and not depend on me.

      Delete