Dreamstime

Tuesday 31 October 2017

Crested Goshawk - My Lucky Day

A Crested Goshawk On The Lookout For Prey © Chuah TC 2017 - Buy this picture

29th September 2017 9:45 AM: It was just like any ordinary morning. Nothing unusual, nothing out of the ordinary, I thought. But when I glance up the rambutan tree, as I would do from time to time out of habit while having breakfast, I noticed something odd, something peculiar: a long big tail sticking out from the tree tops. Sitting up and taking a closer look, to my amazement I noticed an eagle-like bird - a Crested Goshawk. Only one thing to do: grab my camera - and fast.

Creasted Goshawk - Oops, I've been watched.

I ran upstairs to my room, grabbed my camera, ran down and noticed that the bird was still there. In my excitement, the first couple of shots turned out blurry because of my trembling hands. Good thing that the bird perched on the tree long enough, about a good long 5 minutes I think. At one point, it even noticed me fiddling with the camera - picture above.

Anyway, I managed to secured a couple of shots in the end. My lucky day.



2 comments:

  1. Hi!!!!
    Beautifull photos like always and good history!!!
    About "At one point, it even noticed me fiddling with the camera": Really!!!! is looking at you!!! BEAUTY!!!!!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you. I hope to get more of this "once in a blue moon event" around my home.

      Delete