Dreamstime

Saturday 17 March 2018

Getting More Sales - My First Google+ Collection

Sitting quietly and waiting for things to happen, I don't believe that is a prudent strategy. When it comes to sales, marketing and advertising I think this is what they say: More Publicity = More Sales.

My First Google+ Collection: "Ipoh Wildlife"

I have been contributing to Dreamstime for more than a year now and all I have so far is just a single sale. So to increase sales and my publicity, I have just created my first Google+ Collection called "Ipoh Wildlife". I may create another, but "Ipoh Wildlife" is just my first attempt at testing out the waters and see what Google+ Collection is all about. This is what I am banking on - my Google+ Collection to appear when someone types "Ipoh" or "wildlife" in the Google+ search box. Will it work? I sure hope so. Who knows, with all the publicity that Ipoh is getting worldwide as far as tourism is concern (according to the local Malaysian newspaper at least), somebody somewhere might be interested in Malaysian wildlife (in particular Ipoh), and hopefully this will lead to a sale for me on Dreamstime.

I don't think I will be limiting my posts in "Ipoh Wildlife" to just photos from my portfolio at Dreamstime. I do have some lower-grade photos on my hard drive that I do not think will be accepted as stock photos from any stock agency. But at lower resolution they will look just fine on Google+. As an example, this photo of a Water Monitor Lizard, taken with my Nikon Coolpix pocket camera under the tree canopy and in low light:

Water Monitor Lizard

Looks okay at low resolution, but blow it up to 100% and all the camera sensor noises will appear. Editing such photo with Gimp will be a nightmare.

Wish me luck.




2 comments:

  1. I love your photos T.C.!!!!!! I wish you good sales!!!! You make really a great work!

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete