Dreamstime

Tuesday 30 October 2018

Camera Upgrade - My Best Bargain

Canon EOS 800D - Lazada Order Details

I have just bought myself a new (my first in fact) DSLR camera: a Canon EOS 800D/T7i. This was a deal that I just could not ignore. The price I paid was RM 2,649, sold by FS Store on Lazada. Compared to what other sellers are selling at about RM 3,198 on Lazada Malaysia, that's about RM 549 in savings. Imagine, getting a Canon EOS 800D for the price of a much lower-end camera, the Canon EOS 200D.

The package includes a free 32 GB SD card and a camera case. Also included is a free battery and a RM 200 rebate that I have to claim from Canon Malaysia via its online registration - a promotion that they are currently having until December 31, 2018. So this is not an import unit, as far as I could tell. Warranty is 3 years, if I am not mistaken.

But still I have to wait a couple of days more to confirm everything as I made the purchase yesterday evening.

This is a deal that I almost missed. I must admit I have not been shopping much at Lazada Malaysia lately. Instead I do most of my online shopping at Shopee Malaysia these days. Can't blame me actually. Lazada's website doesn't support any web browsers on Windows XP anymore now, and that's what I have on my desktop computer. Use the Lazada mobile app on an Android? Nah... Everything is so small and so hard to read and 'type' my input.

Update: 9th November 2018

I got my camera registered successfully with Canon Malaysia. So this camera that I bought is not an 'import' or something from the black market.

Last I checked, the price has went back up to RM 3,188. But it will be on sale again at a price of RM 2,596 when the 2018 11.11 sale starts in 2 days time. Now, if only I had known ...




0 comments:

Post a Comment