Dreamstime

Sunday 5 July 2020

Aomei Backupper To The Rescue Again

I don't believe it. My boot partition on my WinXP computer got corrupted again yesterday morning. Upon startup, Windows did a chkdsk (because it says the C: partition is corrupted), deleted some index entries and it failed to successfully boot after that. The last time this similar thing happened was just some 3 months ago. Why?

But luckily Aomei Backupper came to my rescue ... again.

There was less agony on me this time after the restore. For one thing (to my surprise actually), I got my complete Grub menu displayed upon booting. I can't remember the details but I think I reinstalled Grub in the master boot record last time and not on the bootable C: drive. Super!

I did a chkdsk on all my WinXP drives and they all appear to be healthy. No missing drives too. Thank goodness. Now, to do more frequent regular backups on my part. The last that I did was in May 2020.

0 comments:

Post a Comment