Dreamstime

Friday 31 July 2020

Good For Only 14 Months

Refurbished Lenovo PC Model M70e

Guess what. My refurbished Lenovo PC has died. It died a week ago. Problems with the power supply unit (PSU), I think.

But all is not lost. I could always salvage the parts as spares. The hard disk drive, for example. And beside, the total cost of ownership is now zero, based on my calculation. So I don't actually lose much.

Yes I know, I could send it in for repairs and get it back up again. But then a quick search online shows that a refurbished PSU is selling for something like RM100 per unit. Add in labour charges and all will become impractical, costs wise. And who knows, other components might fail too after that. I bought the whole PC for only RM250, by the way.

Well this whole episode put to rest my idea of getting another higher-end refurbished PC for my own use. When I put my money down on something, I want them to lasts a very long, long time. 14 months just doesn't make the cut. So, only buying a new PC from now on. But mind you, it would still be a Lenovo.




0 comments:

Post a Comment