Dreamstime

Thursday 1 August 2019

My 'New' Refurbished Lenovo PC

Refurbished Lenovo PC Model M70e

I did say that I was going to get one. And I did. May 13th 2019 to be precise.

My 'new' Lenovo Thinkcentre M70e PC, configured with 4GB RAM, 500GB hard disk and an Intel Core2Duo processor running at 3.16GHz. Also included is a legal copy of Microsoft Windows 7 Pro license, a keyboard (by HP) and an optical mouse (no brand). In total, I paid RM250 including shipping. A good bargain I think since similar configured PCs cost about a RM100 to RM200 more by other sellers.

Original Windows installation has been wiped clean though. So none of the Lenovo system tools are available. This is not a problem.

On my estimate, this PC is about 7 - 8 years old. This is not a problem too as it still functions as expected.

This is an "small form factor" built PC. So, it is quite compact, but it weighs a ton. The system will start whirling when CPU usage is 60% or more - can be quite annoying at times, but this is not a problem.

Me and my children have been using this computer for the last 2 months now. Can't say we have much complains with it. We did experience some problems in detecting our Yes 4G Go dongle modem in the first couple of weeks. But by tweaking the BIOS to enable "Plug And Play OS" to "Yes" from "No" fixed our problem.

A PC that is good for general school work assignments and general Internet browsing in my opinion. Good for watching movies and dramas too. Overall, I am happy with it.

Contingency Plan

So what happens when it breaks down? Well, this is my plan: just chuck it away and salvage whatever parts I could and get another one. You can't blame me as the repair costs will come to around the price of getting another refurbished PC. Well, that's the plan anyway.



0 comments:

Post a Comment