Dreamstime

Sunday 28 March 2021

Cat Is Recovering From Hairball

My Recovering Cat Eating

After something like 4 months (beginning early November 2020), it looks like my cat is on her way to recovery. I think I have managed to unclogged her digestive system.

How do I know, you asked? Well, the proof is in the pooping. She has been at it for the last 2 weeks or so - daily.

I tried cow's milk initially. But that didn't quite work out.

So I tried coconut oil next. Daily doses is about 0.5ml - 0.75ml per day.

A severe case of hairball with my cat, I think. It took almost 2 months before things started moving. Taking her to the vet would be the best and fastest remedy. However, with Covid-19 floating around ... you know.

I have stopped giving my cat coconut oil when diarrhoea was observed. That was almost 2 weeks ago, and I have not given her any since. In fact, she seems to be a bit sensitive to even vegetable oil too these days when we dribbled some on her grilled fish. Likewise with cow's milk now, which I gave her so that she was not malnourished during the time when she was not eating.

Although she is not at 100% yet, her recovery signs look promising. Her appetite is back. Very good in fact. She eats multiple times per day now, which we oblige when she asks. Still very much skin and bones but she is slowly putting on weight now. I know because I can feel it when I carry her.

She sleeps a lot and is inactive most of the time. I have had not seen her doing any self grooming for a long time. Needless to say, she looks rather scruffy and grayish, despite being a mostly white cat.

Note

Oily (and smelly) residue was oozing out from the rear end at around 2 weeks after coconut oil was first administered. Things actually got messier as the days progressed.


0 comments:

Post a Comment