Dreamstime

Friday 12 May 2023

Replacement Thermostat For Morgan 1.7L Cordless Kettle

Replacement Thermostat - Sunlight SLD-118

It has been 4 months. So far, so good. The replacement thermostat, a Sunlight SLD-118, works fine on my Morgan 1.7 litre cordless kettle. Rated at 10 Amps 250V, it still boils water within 5 minutes. Auto shutoff works.

Replacement was easy. It is just a matter of pulling out the live and neutral wires, removing the old thermostat and then putting in the new, and plugging in the wires back again.

There's one wire though that is unused in the new thermostat. I am not sure what it is for. I just left it as it is.

Morgan 1.7L Kettle Thermostat - FADA KSD 689 -1

I would have preferred the FADA KSD 689-1 thermostat (the one that came with the kettle) but I could not find any online. I tried fixing it but the damaged was beyond repair. One metal piece got vapourised, I think.


0 comments:

Post a Comment