Dreamstime

Wednesday 12 June 2013

Faster Page Loading With Google+ Mobile On The Desktop

Mobile sites are websites that are designed to be viewed from a mobile device, like on a mobile phone for example. They are simpler in design and more focused. I love using mobile sites, quite simply because I can get faster page loading time on a desktop browser even though I am still using a slow 50kbps dial-up line. I am not really into those dynamic and interactive web pages. So the absence of such feature on mobiles sites is not a problem for me.

Accessing Google+ Mobile From Opera Desktop

I have been using the Facebook mobile site since February 2013 and I love it. Just a few weeks ago, I have found the URL for the Google+ mobile site - it is just simply the URL that I use on Opera Mini. Page loading is fast when compared to Google+ desktop. It takes about a minute compared with at least 5 minutes on Google+ desktop. Now if only the images in the Google+ mobile stream is compressed like in Facebook news feeds, page loading time will be even faster. At the moment, it is not.

I love Google+ Communities and I do hope that it will be integrated into Google+ mobile soon. At the moment, it is not and page loading time is very slow via Google+ desktop. It takes at least 5 minutes. The only way round it for the moment for me is to use Opera Mini. Opera Mini loads faster because it uses data compression. Not a perfect solution but at least I do not spend most of my time waiting for pages to load.

0 comments:

Post a Comment