Dreamstime

Monday 24 June 2013

Revoking Picasa Access Rights From Scribefire

I do not use Scribefire, a free Mozilla Firefox add-on offline blog editor, for uploading my blog pictures to Picasa Web Albums anymore. Instead, I am now using Picasa3 Desktop. Uploading pictures via Scribefire is a little rigid and the pictures' file names do not get set upon a successfully upload. In contrast, Picasa3 Desktop has more options - like selecting a destination web album to upload to for example - and I do not lose my pictures' file names.

The right thing to do, since I do not use it anymore, is to revoke all access rights that I have granted to the website www.scribefire.com previously. After some searching, I finally found the URL for doing this - which is at the Google "Account Overview" page, and not at Picasa Web Albums website. Yes, a little misleading.

Google - Account Overview Page

Starting with the "Account Overview" page at the URL https://www.google.com/settings/general-light select "Authorize applications & sites" under "Security".

( Update 26 March 2015 : I think the option has moved to this URL https://myaccount.google.com/?pli=1; scroll down to "Connected apps and services", and click on "Account permissions").

Revoking Access Rights In Picasa Web Albums From www.scribefire.com

This will then take me to the page "My Account". Just click on the "Revoke Access" button on the line "www.scribefire.com - Picasa Web Albums" to revoke all access rights from www.scribefire.com.

By the way, I am still using Scribefire for composing and posting my blog posts to my blog. It is still the best offline blog editor, at least for me anyway. (Update 10 November 2013 : Actually, I have made the switch to Zoundry Raven. I don't use Scribefire anymore).

0 comments:

Post a Comment