Dreamstime

Thursday 17 August 2017

LightZone

Screen capture of the LightZone editor

I have been busy over the last couple of days getting my hands dirty with this open-source software called LightZone . It looks interesting, a bit unconventional compared with most photo editing software that I am aware of. But processing my 16 Mega-pixel photo on my 1Giga Byte RAM PC can get a bit clunky. If only it was compiled into native computer code and not running under the Java Runtime environment.

I have been doing most of my digital photo post-processing with Gimp in recent weeks. I have installed some amazing plug-ins ('wavelet denoise' for example - let face it, my Canon Powershot SX530HS produces some rather noisy photos), learnt some new tricks, but I still do face a brick wall sometimes when I try to get certain things done. I am hoping that LightZone can fill in this gap for me. Hopefully, another piece of software arsenal into my digital photo post-processing toolbox.



0 comments:

Post a Comment