Dreamstime

Tuesday 12 September 2017

Pied Triller Settling Down In My Neighbourhood

A Lone Pied Triller (Male)

Pied Triller - I can't recall ever seeing previously. But something changed beginning mid-July 2017. A pair, a female and a male, was first spotted. Later on, the only the female bird was seen. I could easily tell because of the different plumage between the male and the female of this bird species.

Two months later, things have gone the other way round now. The male bird is regularly spotted, and the female hardly.

With such regular sightings, I guess Pied Trillers must have made my neighbourhood their new home.








2 comments:

  1. Hi T.C.!!!

    What a beautiful bird!!

    And congratulations again for your beautifull photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am lucky to have the bird within 15 feet away from me - the optimal distance for taking great birding pictures with the Canon Powershot SX530 HS.

      Delete