Dreamstime

Sunday 23 September 2018

My 100th Image On Dreamstime

GrabPay signboard - my 100th image upload on Dreamstime

After 19 months, I have finally made my 100th image upload to the microstock site Dreamstime. The date to mark on the calendar: September 16th, 2018. Lots of challenges initially but I seem to be getting the hang of it now. But still, there is a lot to learn.

In the early days, I seem to be spending a lot of time fiddling around with my camera and with GIMP during post processing. Everything was new to me then, so it wasn't easy. A better camera would have helped. But with a a camera costing less than a third of an entry level DSLR or mirrorless digital camera (with equivalent lenses), I was struggling daily with digital noises and chromatic aberration in the pictures that I have taken. If I were to work within the limits of my camera though, the captured image could be quite good. But these information limits are not published anywhere. It would have help if there was a goto manual for my Canon Powershot SX530 HS but there isn't one. The technical User Manual from Canon is of not much help. You get what you paid for, I was told once.

My Dream

I am still waiting for the day when I could sell at least an image per month. For that I think I need to have at least 500 images online. From then on, perhaps at least one sale per week and then one sale per day. To achieve that, I think I need to have at least a 1000 images online. At the rate I am going, that is still a couple of years away. But still, there is no harm dreaming.

Camera Wish List

A camera upgrade is imminent. I would prefer a mirrorless but they are mighty expensive compared to a DSLR. So Fujifilm, Panasonic and Olympus is out (the bigger the APS-C sensor the better I think, compared to a Micro Four-Thirds), leaving only Nikon and Canon.

At the moment, I am waiting for the prices of the Canon EOS 200D (or SL2) and Canon EOS 800D (or T7i) to come down. I can't decide yet on which one to choose as they are so similar. But the EOS 800D is the higher-end so it is more expensive.

I am hoping for the Canon EOS M50 to come down too in fact, despite what I have said about mirrorless previously. The absense any moving parts, well that should prolong the life of this camera shouldn't it? And also the small size - it is just irresistible. 200 shots per battery charge is not a problem for me, by the way.




0 comments:

Post a Comment