Dreamstime

Thursday 28 February 2019

A Chinese Pond Heron?

Spotted this rather big bird on a neighbour's roof a couple of weeks ago. I may have even seen it flying overhead a couple of times. But it was a bit too high up to identify this bird correctly without any binoculars.

This is my best guess. I suppose this bird is a Chinese Pond-Heron. I stand corrected obviously. Well, it has light greenish legs and brown back feathers.

Breeding plumage, non-breeding plumage. Urgh! So confusing.

Chinese Pond-Heron On The Roof

Chinese Pond-Heron On The Roof

Chinese Pond-Heron On The Roof





2 comments:

  1. Is really big or is the perspective?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adult bird measures about 48cm (18") according to my bird reference bird that I have. So it is quite big.

      Delete