Dreamstime

Sunday 1 December 2019

H264 Encoded MP4 Video Uploads To Dreamstime

The message board and stock video requirement page at Dreamstime says that video format should be encoded in PhotoJPeg or MotionJPeg and stored in the Quicktime .MOV video format.

But what's this that I see some MP4 stock video on Dreamstime when I do a search?

Dreamstime Accepted File Type Uploads

Poking around, even the upload page says that it accepts MP4 video files (picture above).

My Experiment

So, is MP4 videos really accepted at Dreamstime? I searched and searched on the message board, but couldn't find a definite answer.

So, to satisfy my curiosity there is only one way to find out - upload one myself and see what happens; My own experiment.

And this I did on November 17th 2019.

To be honest, I was actually expecting a reject, but some 7 days latter, my H264 encoded MP4 video file was duly accepted without any problems, much to my delight. And since then I have uploaded an additional 2 MP4 videos, all approved and accepted.

So, I guess I now have to update my stock video workflow blog post as steps 3 and 4 is not needed anymore. Sorry MPeg_Streamclip.



0 comments:

Post a Comment