Dreamstime

Monday 9 March 2020

Going Off The Air

The local Malaysian TV broadcast went totally digital some 4 months ago. So, what have I done? Did I buy a new digital TV or a digital decoder for my Panasonic flat screen analog TV?

Believe it or not, I did absolutely nothing. Why? Because there is absolutely nothing for me to watch on any of the local Malaysian TV channels. In my opinion, they have gone from bad to worse over the last couple of years.

It's a good thing that I have 15GB of internet broadband data per month. I now use it to download documentaries from Youtube, legally mind you. BBC Click, DW Documentary, Singapore's Channel News Asia and Channels News Asia Insider - these are some of my favourite channels.

Sometimes I feel I get more entertainment when Malaysia had just two television channels some 30 odd years ago, compared to something like 6 channels now. Ah yes, the good old days.




0 comments:

Post a Comment