Dreamstime

Sunday 14 August 2016

Digitally Recording The 2016 Olympics For Later Viewing

Thank you KWorld for manufacturing and selling such an economical TV tuner for PC - the PCI Analog TV Card Lite PVR-TV7134SE. It may not be the best but it gets the job done with acceptable quality; better than my old VCR in my opinion.

Thank you Alvery Lee for creating Virtualdub. It might not perfect but I post-process my captured videos anyway.

Thank you to the team at Avidemux for allowing me to edit my captured video while keeping video and audio in sync.

Thank you Morritz Kammerer for writing V2CRS. Otherwise, I would not be able to schedule my TV captures with Virtualdub.

Thank you ME (the owner of this blog) for coming up with the idea for easily enabling Virtualdub filters when scheduling TV captures in V2CRS.

Record, Record, Record

The Rio 2016 Olympics is happening on the other side of the world from where I live. Athletes are busy competing while I am sleeping; I am some 11 hours ahead in the Far East. So the only way for me to enjoy the games is by scheduling to record the games, which is aired 'live' on my local free-to-air TV channels, and to watch them later during the day at my leisure.

Screen grab from a Virtualdub capture (2016 Olympics Men's Rugby Seven Final) - size reduced by 50%

I find the Men's Rugby Sevens to be my favourite game so far: fast, exiting and with lots of action where beefy men sprints across the field. What yours? What is you favourite game in this years Olympics?


0 comments:

Post a Comment