Dreamstime

Wednesday 29 April 2020

Shopee Woes .. No Invoice No Receipt

I just bought myself a tablet from Shopee - a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (T-295). I could have bought it from Lazada, but the price on Shopee was more competitive. So, Shopee it was. Shipping was fast, and I duly received my order within 2 days.

Now to register my purchase with Samsung Malaysia. A simple task I thought, but wait, no tax invoice or receipt was issued to me. I double checked in the package. Zilch,. nothing.

So I messaged the seller, requesting for one. I waited. And waited. No reply.

So I decided to seek what Shopee says about receipts for purchase.

Shopee Says

I checked the Shopee help page, and this is what they say about receipts (as of 28th April 2020):

We are sorry to inform you that currently we are not able to provide any official receipt for your purchases. However you may inform your seller where most sellers will be able to provide such receipt for your claiming purposes. Otherwise you may also use the payment confirmation email that is being sent to your registered email address for your perusal.

A sample of the payment confirmation email is as follows:
Do search for the email titled "Payment confirmation for order #XXXXXXXXXXX" .......



That 'payment confirmation email' in blue above - it looks very similar to the order details page for my purchase. So, maybe I could use that, I thought.

Samsung Says

So I emailed Samsung Malaysia support for double confirmation. And this is what Samsung say:

Dear TC Chuah,

Reference Number: 2272068145

Thank you for your email dated 26th April 2020.

Based on your email, I understand that you inquired about the usage of shipping details as proof of purchase for the warranty registration.

Firstly, we would like to extend our gratitude to you for your continuous support for Samsung products and services. I would be glad to provide the necessary information for the query.

About the query, please be informed that our warranty team will not accept the shipping details as proof of purchase. As in your case, we would like to suggest you contact the online reseller and request for the proof of purchase. Kindly note that a valid receipt must state the date of purchase, the IMEI number, and the stamp of the reseller's shop name.

Once you have retrieved the receipt, you may email your proof of purchase (receipt/ cash bill) together with the following particulars to ewarranty.sme@samsung.com .

1. Full Name
2. Contact number
3. Address
4. IMEI number
5. Serial number
6. Full model code

Our service team will assist to register your product's warranty. The process for registration will take up to 7 working days. You will receive notification from the team once the registration is completed.

We hope that we have addressed your inquiry and look forward to being of service to you again.

Do not reply to dear_customer@contactus.samsung.com as this is a system-generated email.

For further clarification, you may contact us directly at 1800-22-8899 (Including Public Holidays - From 8.00 am until 8.00 pm) or via Live Chat from Monday to Sunday (Including Public Holidays - Open 24 hours).

Last but not least, Stay Safe!

Thank you and have a pleasant day ahead.

Yours sincerely,

Ahmad
Samsung (M) Customer Careline


No ... I am back to square one. I still need the invoice/receipt from the seller no matter what to successfully register my device. So I tried messaging the seller again. I am in luck this time and he replied within the hour saying that he will register for me on my behalf provided I gave him the IMEI number. So I immediately forwarded the IMEI number to him. I also specifically asked for him to notify me when he is done. Two days later, I am still waiting.

Miser Pays The Most

I think I will begin to avoid making big ticket item purchases on Shopee from now on. No problems in me buying toiletries, pet food, toys or groceries, but no to TVs, phones or anything costing RM 100 or more - you know, those that require product warranty registration. After going through all this trouble, I just don't think it is worth it.

I never had this problem with Lazada purchases when it comes to warranty registration - case in point my Canon camera and lens. Neither do I have this problem with Superbuy.

Why Shopee?

Disclosure:

I am a Lazada Malaysia affiate.

Update: 5th August 2020

Psssst. Don't tell Ahmad from Samsung (M) Customer Careline, but I managed to successfully register my Samsung tablet online. I was expecting a rejection from Samsung Malaysia but after waiting for 3 months, there was none, no news from them. I uploaded a screen-grab of my tablet purchase at Shopee as prove of puchase, by the way.




0 comments:

Post a Comment